The Post Graduate Programme in Botany began in 1961. The sanctioned strength is 12. The programme is designed envisioning the following objectives:
- To encourage a clear, comprehensive and advanced mastery in the field of Botany.
- To provide basic principles of biological sciences with special reference to Botany and its applied branches.
- Enabling the students to explore the intricacies of life forms at cellular, molecular and nano level.
- To sustain students’ motivation and enthusiasm and to help them not only to appreciate the beauty of different life forms but also to inspire them in the dissemination of the concept of biodiversity conservation.
- To develop problem solving skills in students and encourage them to carry out innovative research projects thereby enkindling in them the spirit of knowledge creation.
Click here to view the new syllabus