Departments

About Us

Started along with the college in 1950, the department of Malayalam served the college with Malayalam classes by eminent Professors like Prof. Elias, Rev. Fr. John Mattam, Prof. D.Ouseph and Rev. Fr. P.F. Kuriakose. Since 1959, it has sent out several batches of Degree students through the portals of victory. Professors C.J. Sebastian, R.S. Varmaji, M. Mathai, M. A. Joseph, P.C. Devasia, K.P. Augusty, Dr. P.A Joseph, and Dr. M.Gopalakrishnan Nair imparted their scholarship to thousands of students through the decades. It became a Post Graduate Department in 1995 and an approved Research Centre in 1996. The department gives meticulous attention in employing experimental techniques in teaching and learning methods. The department takes utmost interest in promoting the traditional art forms core to our culture. Seminars, workshops, and several art performances by renowned persons like, Margi Usha Nangyar, Kalamandalam Gopi, Sadanam Krishnankutty, Kalamandalam Haidar Ali were conducted in this regard