Admission to Undergraduate programmes
There is only a single application form for applying for admission to all the UG Degree Programmes in various affiliated colleges for considering them in the Open/Reservation Quota except sports quota/cultural quota and Persons with Disabilities (PD) quota. If a candidate submits more than one application his/her candidature is liable to be cancelled. The candidates seeking admission through community merit/management quota/sports quota/cultural quota and PD quota should submit separate applications to the respective colleges also. The above candidates should also apply under the Centralised Allotment Process, if they are to be considered for general allotment.
The application fee will be as follows
For General candidates: Rs.100/-
For SC/ST candidates: Rs.50/-
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Submission of application i.e. registration of personal and academic data as well as options for programmes and colleges shall be done on-line. Before submitting the application form, candidates are advised to verify the details of programmes in a college including hostel facilities through the website of individual colleges, In addition to the information given in the prospectus published by the University.
ON-LINE REGISTRATION OF PERSONAL AND ACADEMIC DATA
For online registration of personal and academic data, the candidates must visit the web site, www.mgu.ac.in and click on the link “Admission to UG Degree Programme 2011-2012”.
Steps for Registering On -line
- Create a ‘Username’ and ‘Password’. (The password will be used for all future online operations). The password created by the candidate should not be revealed to others who may misuse them. This may result in tampering of the options and the University will not be responsible for any such eventuality.
- Follow the online instructions and fill in the minimum personal details required.
- Generate a Chalan print out. The Chalan bears an ‘Application number’. The application number will have to be remembered by the candidate for all future online and offline operations.
- Approach the nearest SBT branch enlisted in the CAP portal along with the Chalan print out and the remit required fee.
- Collect the sealed Chalan copies from bank (Student copy and University copy). Only after completing this step, will the Application Number and password get activated.
- Go to the login Panel in MGU CAP Web Portal and Use the activated Application number as user name and previously used password for Login.
- Fill the Application form with the remaining as personal details, academic eligibility and the options.
- Verify with the relevant documents and confirm the details entered on-line.
- Take the print out of filled up application for final submission to the University.
- Submit the signed application along with copies of the necessary documents to Deputy Registrar (Acad – I), MG University, PD Hills, Kottayam, PIN: 686560 by post or in person.
The student can check their application status online using their User id (application number) and password.
The Steps for online registration may change from year to year. So check the website of Mahatma Gandhi University for the updated details, before you apply.
PROCEDURE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION OF OPTIONS
All options for which the candidate is eligible will be displayed on the Home Page. The candidate may follow the directions given therein to register the options. The data entered should be saved regularly by clicking the ‘save’ button, so that the data already entered is not lost due to unexpected reasons. The candidate should enter only those options in which he/she is interested. Candidate should also note that he /she will be considered for allotment only to those programmes and colleges opted by him or her. So a candidate who has not opted for a programme-college combination will not be considered for allotment for that combination. Existing options, registered by the candidate and available in the home page can be cancelled by clicking the delete button. All options registered by the candidate will be processed. If a candidate gets allotted to a particular seat, based on his or her option, he /she is bound to accept it, failing which, he /she will lose that allotment as well as his /her claims for any seats in any stream. Such candidates will not be eligible for any further allotment in any stream. The options for college(s) and programme(s) can be done while filing online registration of personal and academic data or subsequently within the last date of submission of application. No extension of time will be granted for registering options under any circumstances.
Options have to be registered only through the website www.mgu.ac.in. Based on their eligibility, candidates should register their options in their ‘Home Page’ for the programmes and colleges, within the stipulated time, for being considered for allotment. Candidates can visit the website and follow the instructions given there in to register their options.
The steps involved in registering options are summarized below:
- Accessing the website
- Logging on to the candidate’s Home Page
- Registering the Options
- Saving the Options registered
- Submit the Option registered
- Viewing the list of Options registered
- Logging off from the Home page.
The options in the ‘home page’ of the candidate at the time specified for closing of registration of options alone will be considered for processing. Once the candidate completes the option entry, he/she can view his/her options by clicking on the ‘View Option List’ provided. An option list will be generated and the candidate can take a print out of the same and keep it for future reference. If the candidate wants to change his/her option already registered, he/she may revise the options as desired and should see that the options are listed as per his/her priority.
PROCESSING OF OPTIONS AND PUBLICATION OF RANK LIST
Before the Trial Allotment, the application details as entered by the candidate will be published for verification by the candidates. Candidates will have the provision to modify option details even at this stage. Rank list shall be prepared on the basis of the ranking marks arrived as per the rules in this regard.
Trial Allotment: A Trial Allotment will be conducted to give an idea about the chances of getting allotment to a programme and college based on the options, merit and the reservation norms. The trial allotment does not guarantee that the candidate will get allotment in a college or programme of his/her choice for ranks may vary in the actual allotment subject to data modification by the applicants after the trial allotment.
First Allotment: After the Trial Allotment and the period earmarked for rearranging options, the first Allotment list will be published in the website www.mgu.ac.in on the date to be notified. A provisional Allotment Memo will be displayed in the website and the candidate shall take a print out of the same to be produced in the bank for remitting the required fee. The allotment memo will show the personal details, the college and the programme to which the candidate is allotted and the fee to be remitted.
Remitting of Fee: The prescribed fee due to the University will have to be remitted by the candidate to the account specified by the University in any designated branch of State Bank of Travancore as enlisted in Annexure -III as per the time schedule prescribed. Once the candidate remits the prescribed fee, the bank will acknowledge the receipt of the fee by affixing the seal in the student’s copy of the allotment memo.
SC/ST candidates, who get allotment, shall remit a token amount of Rs.50/-.
The payment of fees through any other mode of remittance will not be accepted.
CANCELLATION OF OPTIONS/ALTERATION OF PRIORITY OF OPTION AS AFTER THE FIRST ALLOTMENT
Candidates who remit the fee as per the first allotment within the prescribed time limit will have the facility to cancel/alter the priority of their higher order options in the list of options registered by them before the next allotment. This facility will be activated in the ‘Home Page’ of the candidates on the dates notified.
Those candidates who do not remit the fee on or before the date specified, will lose their current allotment as well as the eligibility for further allotments.
After the first allotment, the options below the ‘allotted one’ of the candidates will be automatically removed from the option list of the candidate. For example, if a candidate had registered options in all, and if he/she is allotted his/her 20th option, all options from 21 to 40 will be automatically removed from the option list. Options from 1 to 19 will remain valid and will be considered for future allotments. He/she may delete/rearrange any options among the remaining options as per his/her desire. But the candidate will not be permitted to register any fresh option to the existing ones.
Existing options registered by candidate, available in the Home Page, can be deleted by clicking the delete button. Preference of options can be changed within the notified period by clicking the ‘Rearrange options’ button, entering the preference number against that particular option and by clicking the ‘Update’ button. To change the preference of an existing option, the new preference number should be entered in the box against the corresponding option.
CANCELLATION/RE-ARRANGEMENT OF OPTIONS AFTER THE FIRST ALLOTMENT
Candidates who remit the fee as per the first allotment within the prescribed time limit will have the facility to cancel/rearrange their higher options before the second allotment during a specified period and the ‘Update’ button clicked. The other options (except the one changed) will be automatically re-numbered and displayed. Deleting/Changing of preference of options must be done one at a time, each time clicking the ‘Update’ button. It will not be possible to make a further change without clicking the update button after any deletion or reordering.
If a candidate is satisfied with an allotment and does not want to be considered again for further allotment(s), he/she must cancel all the remaining higher options. A candidate retaining all or any of his/her higher options after an allotment, is bound to accept the next allotment, if any, failing which he/she will lose the previous allotment as well as the new allotment. He/She will not be considered for any further allotments.
The facility for deletion/re-arrangement of options will be available during the notified period only.
SECOND/FURTHER ALLOTMENTS AND REMITTANCE OF FEE
The Second/Further Allotment list will be published on the dates to be notified.
OTHER RULES RELATED TO ALLOTMENT
- All options registered by the candidate will be processed. If a candidate gets allotted to particular programme and college, based on his/her option, he/she is bound to accept it by way of remitting the required fee, failing which, he/she will lose that allotment and will not be considered for any further allotments.
- Candidate will not be allotted to a College/Programme, not opted by him/her.
- A candidate is bound to accept an allotment as per the priority of options registered. If he/she gets allotment in the subsequent phase, based on higher options against arising/future vacancy, he/she has to surrender the seat already occupied by him/her.
- Any request to retain a previous allotment after a further allotment (based on the
higher options registered) will not be considered under any circumstances.
- Failure to report for admission by candidate in the allotted college at the stipulated time and date will result in the forfeiture of his/her chance for admission to that programme/other programmes/further allotment(s).
POST ALLOTMENT ACTIVITIES
Reporting at the College: Candidates need to report for admission before the Principal concerned only when the announcement regarding the same is made by the University.
He/she should report with the following documents in original.
- The Allotment Memo received online.
- Receipt of fee remitted in the bank.
- Certificate to prove date of birth.
- Transfer Certificate (TC) from the Institution last attended and Conduct Certificate.
- Mark lists of all parts of the Qualifying examination.
- Migration Certificate, if applicable.
- Any other documents required to be produced before the Head of Institution.
Fees other than the one already paid as applicable to the programme/institution, will have to be remitted by the candidate at the time of taking admission in the college.
Verification of Documents. The Principal/Head of the Institution shall be personally responsible for verification of original documents and satisfaction of the correctness of the records produced by the candidate at the time of seeking admission in the College/institution.
The admission should be done on-line through the panel provided by the University by ensuring the correctness of the candidate details. If any discrepancies are noted in the online data and the original records, the allotment will be cancelled. The University will also verify the records produced by the candidates who got admission in due course.
Any lapse on the part of the Head of the Institution with regard to the irregular admission shall be viewed seriously (Circular No. Ac AI/3/2114/2008 dated 06/11/2008).Cancellation of Higher Options after joining a College: Candidates who join the college on the date specified can cancel their remaining options fully or partially or change the priority of their remaining options before the date specified. A candidate, not interested in any further allotments, must cancel all his/her options before the specified date, failing which, the options will remain live and will be considered for further allotments, if any.