National Cadet Corps (NCC)
Membership of the N.C.C is optional. The main purpose of the N.C.C is to provide military training to the students, inculcating in their minds the twin ideals of duty and discipline. Through training camps the N.C.C. provides valuable opportunities for developing one's physical and intellectual potential. Students who pass the B and C examinations will find it easy to get commissioned posts in the army/navy. It may be noted that membership in the N.C.C. entitles one to get weightage in admissions to college courses. We have both the Navy and the Army wings of the N.C.C. in the campus.
2010 – 11
2009 – 11
NATIONAL CADET CORPS (NCC)
- Company Commander: Mr.George Joseph (Dept. of Politics)
- The NCC Army Wing has an enrolled strength of 160, with 96 new cadets joining this year.
- The Army Wing conducted 20 parades, rifle training and special training for map reading and disaster management to the cadets.
- The Army Wing celebrated the Independence Day. Dr. K.K. Jose, Principal, hoisted the National Flag on the Independence Day and addressed the gathering.
- 10 cadets from the unit participated in the Pre-RD camp held at K.E. College, Mannanam during 22 to 30 August 2009 out of which 4 cadets were selected for RD preparatory camp.
- Our college hosted an ATC and Pre-IGC camp during 21 to 30 September 2009. Dr. K.K. Jose, Principal, inaugurated the camp in the presence of Lt. Col. G.B. Nair and Lt. (Dr.) Sebastian George. 200 cadets participated in the camp. Our cadet SU/O Gokul Raju represented the Kerala & Lakshadweep Directorate in the Republic Day Parade-2010 in New Delhi. Gokul Raju was selected as a member in the All India Guard.
- Our cadets SU/O Appu George and U/O Sebin Thomas participated in the Tahl Sainik Camp (TSC) held in New Delhi in September, 2009.
- SU/O Appu George was awarded the prestigious silver medal in the All India Sharp Shooting Competition in connection with the TSC camp.
- 3 cadets from the unit participated in the All India Leadership camp held at
Gujarat during 10 to 21 December 2009.
- 2 cadets from the unit participated in the Basic Leadership Camp (BLC) in Maharashtra during 15 to 26 January 2010.
- The Army wing conducted a cycle rally to give awareness to the public about the main causes of cancer. Dr. K.K. lose, Principal flagged off the rally. Lt. (Dr.) Sebastian George, Sub. Major Thankachan and 40 cadets participated in the rally.
- A trekking expedition was conducted on 14 January 2010 to Kaipally. 40 cadets participated in the expedition.
- NCC army cadets gave a Guard of Honour to Justice K.G. Balakrishnan, Hon. Chief justice of India, during his visit to the College on 27 February 2010.
Sub Unit Commander: Lieut. (Dr.) P.D. George (Dept. of Hindi)
- The NCC Naval Wing has an enrolled strength of 50.
- 20 parades were conducted during the year.
- 35 cadets participated in the A.T.C. held at S.B. H.S.8., Changanacherry during December 2009. They won the overall trophy.
- Cadet Captain Avi. P Viswam and P.O. Cadet Bibin K.J. participated in the Nau-Sainik Camp at Vishakapatnam in November 2009.
- Cadet Sreeram P.R participated in the National Integration Camp held at Rajasthan in December 2009.
- P.O. Cadet Felix K. Mathew participated in the ship attachment camp at Mumbai in December 2009.
- Cadet Amjith Babu and Cadet Aravind N. participated in the Advance Leadership Camp held at Tuticorin in December 2009.
- Cadet Prinesh A.E. participated in the National Integration camp held at Thodupuzha in December 2009.
- Cadet Thomas T. participated in the All India Trekking held at Maharastra in January 2010.
- Cadet Seban Sebastian participated in the All India Trekking held at Malayattoor in December 2009.
- Cadet Ajay Joseph and Cadet Rahul Raj participated in the sailing expedition conducted by 5 (K) Naval Unit Changanacherry in August 2009.
- Cadet Captain Avi P. Viswam, P.O. Cadet Bibin K. J. and Cadet Sarath Sasi participated in the National Integration Camp held at Haryana in January 2010.
- Lieut. (Dr.) P.D. George, Sub Unit Commander participated as Guest Speaker in the National Symposium organized by the N.C.C. Directorate of Kerala and Lakshadweep on 23-24 October 2009 at Trivandrum.
- The Naval Wing conducted a trekking to Kaipally Hills on February 2010
- They also celebrated Independence Day, N.C.C. Day and Republic Day.